One of the first things people notice about each other is their eyes. If you search for makeup and beauty tips, a majority of the information and YouTube tutorials will be about how to enhance the natural look of your eyelashes. How to achieve the perfect cat-eye, the right clump-free mascara, or which eyeshadow is best for your complexion, there are endless pages on how to make your eyes stand out. When women search for makeup tips, many of them just want to know how to get fuller, longer, and darker eyelashes. If you struggle with finding the right products to enhance the color or thickness of your eyelashes, conventional makeup might not be enough.
Facts About Eyelashes
Just like our hair, eyelashes will fall out naturally over time. Eyelashes take a month to six weeks to grow back after one has fallen out. In addition, as we age, our lashes can also begin to fade and won’t grow in as thick, dark, or as long as they once had. If aging didn’t cause enough problems, there is also a medical condition called hypotrichosis, which is when people don’t have enough eyelashes. It can be caused by genetics or it can develop because of disease, nervous habits, or aging.
How to Promote Eyelash Growth
The good news is that there is help for those with thinning or not enough eyelashes. LATISSE® applications are a prescription eyelash growth product that helps to grow thicker, longer, and darker eyelashes. You can enjoy a depth to your eyes and enhanced beauty without spending your paycheck on mascara, eyeliners, and eyeshadows that just aren’t cutting it. Vision Care Centre offers a great price for LATISSE® applications so you can protect your budget and enhance your eyelashes.
What Are LATISSE® Treatments?
A prescription medication approved in Canada that helps your eyelashes grow, it works to lengthen the anagen phase, which is the growth phase of your lashes. When used regularly, people have seen results within eight weeks and full results in 12-16 weeks. After four months, users saw lashes that were longer, fuller, and darker. What makes LATISSE® treatments unique is that, unlike other over the counter medications, these treatments actually promotes fuller and longer eyelashes, instead of simply moisturizing and conditioning the lashes.
How Do You Use LATISSE® Treatments?
- Before applying LATISSE® applications, make sure your eyes are clean by removing all makeup and take out your contact lenses.
- Holding the applicator horizontally, squeeze a single drop of LATISSE® treatment onto the area towards the tip of the applicator.
- Carefully use the applicator to apply the medication to the upper eyelid, at the base of the lashes where the skin and the eyelashes meet. Move the applicator from the inner part of the lash near your nose to the outer part of your lashes.
- Use a tissue to dab at any extra medication.
- Dispose of the applicator and use a new one to apply the product to the opposite eye.
What Else Do You Need to Know About LATISSE® Eyelash Growth Treatment?
- Possible side effects could include itching, dryness, and/or redness of the eyes.
- LATISSE® treatments could cause the eye’s colour to change or increase the brown pigmentation in the eye.
- When you stop using this product, your eyelashes will return to the way they were before.
- Contact your doctor or optometrist before starting LATISSE® treatments.
Eyelash growth is not only about enhancing your eye’s beauty, it also aids in protecting your eyes. If you are interested in LATISSE® eyelash growth product, consult with an optometrist who can help you decide if this medication is right for you. Vision Care Centre wants you to have all of the resources available to protect your eyes, vision, and enhance your natural beauty. To learn more about LATISSE® lash growth treatment and our eye care products, schedule an appointment with an optometrist today.