If you’re nervous about going in for an eye exam, we’ve got good news for you- you’re not alone! Millions of people around the world suffer from anxiety over taking a trip to the eye clinic. Making sure that you regularly schedule an eye exam for yourself is one of the more important things you can do. It’s doubly important if you have a family history with a particular eye problem. At Vision Care Centre of Langley, we know that having an eye exam can be a cause of stress for many people and that’s why we’d like to provide you with five things to keep in mind before you schedule a visit to the eye clinic.
Your Pre- Eye Exam Checklist
- When you call to schedule an appointment for an eye exam, be sure to mention any specific problems you might be having. It can help your doctor to assess your situation and come up with some suggestions for you.
- If you have a current prescription for eyeglasses, be sure to write it down and bring it with you.
- It’s also a good idea to bring a list of any medications that you are taking with you to your appointment, so be sure to write those down also.
- Check with your family members to see if there is a history of any particular eye or vision issues as well.
- Plan accordingly for the length of time your eye exam will take; typically, eye exams last less than an hour.
Schedule a visit today!